It’s been a long winter in Minnesota, which means we have less time to get everyone’s asphalt in ship shape. Please contact us to get on our schedule for fast, timely service:
• Assessments: Let the Allied crew come out and assess winter damage and repairs needed. Assessments are provided free of charge so we can give you a thorough estimate and plan.
• Asphalt repair: From minor cracks to complete resurfacing, Allied does it all.
• Budgeting: Contact us for help getting your numbers together and developing a maintenance plan for the year.
• Catch basin repair: With Spring rains on the way it’s more important than ever to make sure your catch basins are good to go. Thinking about a new or modified drainage system? Talk to Allied for complete design and installation services.
Potholes – is prevention possible?
Spring is pothole season in any state that has winter weather. When ice melts water gets trapped beneath asphalt and on top of still-frozen ground. This water usually goes through a few cycles of freezing and expanding then melting and contracting, weakening the asphalt and eroding the subsurface. But is there any way to prevent potholes from forming in the first place?
The short answer is: Not entirely. Engineers are working on improved asphalt formulas every day, but in a state with extreme temperatures, asphalt is always going to be vulnerable to some degree. There are a few things you can do to protect your asphalt as much as possible:
- Check your drainage system! In the warmer months look for pooling or any other clues of improper drainage. This gives you an idea as to which areas won’t drain properly underneath the slushy snows of spring.
- Sealcoating provides a protective seal which helps prevent deterioration. It doubles or even triples the life of your asphalt.
- Use the best materials! We use CS-41 resurfacing asphalt emulsion sealers. It exceeds MNDot fog sealing requirements, and will give you longer lasting results. Don’t settle for cheap substitutes!
- Repair potholes and crack seal as needed to maintain the overall structural integrity of your parking lot, path or roadway. Cracks may look minor, but they can become a larger problem quickly. Stay on top of minor flaws for a stronger, longer lasting surface.
Contact us to start on Spring pothole repair right away!
ALLIED IS HIRING
We’re still hiring for our upcoming season! Allied is a growing company with on-the-job training and plenty of opportunity for advancement.
• A clean driving record and verifiable work references
• Prior experience in the industry is a plus
• Class ‘A’ or ‘B’ commercial drivers license for those interested in driving or operating positions
• Willingness to perform manual labor and work as part of a team
• Desire for growth and opportunity
How to apply
Apply in person at our Maple Grove office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You can also request an application and drop it off or mail it in.
10503 89th Avenue North
Maple Grove MN 55369